Climbing Team Resources
Below is a compilation of frequently referenced material. Please contact Team Manager, Janet Hirsch online if you need further assistance.
Parent Handbook and Team Code of Conduct
The Parent Handbook and Team Code of Conduct (Fall 2014 / Spring 2015) contains information about registration as well important program details.
- If you have any questions regarding the billing of your Team or Membership dues, please visit the Members Page.
USA Climbing http://usaclimbing.net is the national governing body of competition climbing in the United States.
ABS Competition Dates
*Indicates competitions our coaches will attend:
- 10/18/2014 - Doylestown Rock Gym - Doylestown, Pa
- *10/18/2014 - Vertical Rock - Manassas, VA
- *11/1/2014 - Philadelphia Rock Gym - Oaks, PA
- *11/8/2014 - Earth Treks Climbing Centers, Timonium MD - capped at 100 participants. Registration will open online on September 24th at 10am.
- *12/6/2014 - REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - SportRock, Sterling, Va
- *1/10/2015-1/11/2015 - DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Central Rock Gym, Glastonbury, CT
- *2/13/2015-2/15/2015 - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Madison, WI
Protecting Team Members
- Earth Treks is committed to providing a safe and positive environment for it’s team members.
- Earth Treks feels strongly that education and awareness of child abuse is the key to prevention. The need for education extends to coaches, parents, and kids. We encourage all our team families to explore online resources focused on abuse prevention and awareness. Safe4Athletes and Darkness to Light are two recommended resources.
- Our commitment to protecting youth is expressed in our Coach’s and Team Code of Conduct.
- If at any time a parent, coach, or team member has a concern about the well being of a team member, we encourage them to reach out to the Youth Protection Committee. This web form allows direct and anonymous communication to Earth Treks’ non coaching management including the owner, Chris Warner, Chris Jenkins, Scot Heidtman, and Katrina Papavasiliou.