- Rockville: October 19th
- Columbia: October 5th
- Timonium: October 12th
- Only $15
This is a special event for all types of Scout groups, friends, and family. No experience necessary. Check our Scout Page for other programs and details on this event. Due to the popularity of previous sessions, we require a RSVP. Please visit the Scout Page for more info and to RSVP.
We look forward to climbing with you!
“Our troop attended this event last time and had an awesome time. Thanks for offering it again!” – MH, Girl Scout Mom
Note: Earth Treks waiver form with parental signature required for all climbers under the age of 18.
Slated to be open in late 2013, Earth Treks Golden will feature a custom built 29,000 sq ft building. The gym will offer over 25,000 sq. ft. of climbing with walls up to 48 ft high, including tons of bouldering and roped climbing for all ages and abilities. Earth Treks Golden will boast many amenities including a huge fitness center, dedicated strength training area, yoga room, outdoor patio, and locker room facilities with all the bells and whistles. And of course, climbing there is included in any multi-gym membership, so plan to stop by on your vacation.
Keep tabs on the Earth Treks Golden webpage and Earh Treks Golden’s new Facebook page to follow all the exciting developments as they unfold.
Thank you for purchasing a Living Social voucher for our Introduction to Climbing course. If you have not registered for your course and wish to do so, here are a few frequently asked questions regarding the voucher redemption process:
- Q: “How do I register for a class with my Living Social deal?”
- A: Download your voucher from Living Social and follow the steps to register online. (Click here to go straight to the Introduction to Climbing course page). Make sure you enter the coupon code, NOT your voucher number in the Coupon Code box during checkout.The coupon code is specific to our registration system and will zero out the balance during registration.
- Q: “When do I have to register by?”
- A: Check the voucher for expiration. The promotional value of $35 may expire on a set date (6 or 12 months from date of sale) but you have until that day to register for a class. So if you are out of town and can’t take the class until AFTER the expiration date, as long as you enroll online before the promotional value expires, you can complete the course at any point in the future.
- Q: “Can I register more than one climber?”
- A: Yes! During the registration process, simply change the drop down menu to indicate the number of climbers in your group.However, you still need to bring ALL of your individual vouchers with you on the night of the course.
STUNNING INTERNATIONAL FILM PRODUCTIONS ON MOUNTAIN THEMES ranging from mountaineering to ice and rock climbing to wildlife and environmental issues, as well as mountain sports such as skiing, kayaking, snowboarding, and much more.
THESE ARE SOME OF THE BEST OF THE FEST from the internationally acclaimed film competition that captures the spirit of the mountains with magnificent cinematography. See the award winners that blanket the spectrum of outdoor activities, culture and environment.
COME EXPLORE breathtaking mountain environments and cultures celebrating the spirit of outdoor adventure. The tour brings the festival to 305 cities in 20 countries around the world covering territory across Canada, the USA, Europe, Asia, South America, Africa, and the South Pacific.
Whether you are an experienced mountaineer or an armchair adventurer, come celebrate, share and find inspiration in these mountain experiences, ideas and visions.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 7PM [ 2012 Film List ]
Loyola University, McGuire Hall in Baltimore, Maryland [ directions ]
Tickets in advance: $19 , students $15 (can be purchased from all three Earth Treks facilities)
At the door: $21, students $17 (if still available)
This past weekend marked the first annual ABS Divisional Championships held around the country. The Earth Treks Climbing Team travelled to northern New Jersey to compete at The Gravity Vault along with teams from all along the North East from northern Virginia to Maine. The team brought 33 competitors to the event, a two day long competition with day one being qualifiers and day two being finals.
The first round consisted of four boulder problems with competitors having 5 minutes to complete each problem. Twenty Earth Treks climbers placed in the Top 10 for their categories, allowing them into the finals round the next day. The finals round came down to only 3 boulder problems for each climber. After an excellent performance from all the climbers at the event, Earth Treks came away with 13 climbers placing high enough to earn a spot at this years Nationals on March 2-4th in Colorado Springs.
The following climbers have earned an invitation to the 2012 ABS National Championship:
- Arabella J.- 2nd
- Ben W.- 4th
- Bryce D.- 5th
- Brandon L.- 8th
- Kayla L.- 3rd
- Claire B.- 7th
- Ben D.- 5th
- Julianna J.- 2nd
- Kerry S.- 5th
- Clarissa S.- 7th
- Danny P.- 8th
- Nicole H.- 6th
- Alice P.- 7th