AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Course
Earth Treks is now offering the American Mountain Guide Association Single Pitch Instructor (SPI) Course and Exam. The SPI program teaches climbing instructors to proficiently facilitate and instruct the sport of rock climbing in a single pitch setting. The SPI is the only internationally recognized single pitch climbing instructor certification program in the United States. The course runs three days and the exam is two days. The two are scheduled independently. For more information visit AMGA Single Pitch Instructor.
The following are strict minimum prerequisites established by the AMGA. Without having at least this amount of experience you are unlikely to make best use of this training. Please Inquire Online for more information.
- You are an AMGA member at the Professional Membership level.
- You have a genuine interest in rock climbing and instructing novices on single pitch crags.
- You are at least 18 years old at the time of the course.
- You have at least 12 months prior climbing experience.
- You are an active climber with traditional lead climbing experience (leader placing pro).
- You have led a minimum of 15 traditional rock climbing routes (any grade).
- You are capable of comfortably climbing 5.8 while on a top rope.
AMGA SPI Course
Dates & Times
18 and up
Great Falls, VA
Participants must meet the minimum prerequisites listed above.