1/21/09: Slacklines. Rockville 7:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Come learn a favorite climber’s rest day pastime! Slack-lining is the practice of walking along a tightrope of nylon webbing, and can help you develop balance, flexibility, and focus. We’ll show you how to stretch your own line and give tips for staying upright while walking the line!
1/22/09: Crack Climbing. Columbia 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- The return of our favorite and most popular clinic!
1/26/09: Movie “Dosage V”. Columbia.
- Two showings: 6:30pm – 8:00pm and 8:00pm – 9:30pm.
- Popcorn provided!
1/28/09: Bouldering for Rope Climbers. Timonium 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
- Learn how bouldering strength transfers over to route climbing. Technical to dynamic movement skills will be covered in this clinic.
2/4/09: Plyometric Training, an introduction to The Road. Rockville 7:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Add some explosive power to your climbing style! Plyometric training uses high-intensity, short duration exercises at body-weight resistance to develop agility, speed, and full-body strength. This clinic will introduce several exercises that are featured in The ROAD, Earth Trek’s new, upcoming functional strength training program.
2/8/09: Sport Climbing Tips, Tricks and Efficiency. Timonium 11:00am to 1:00pm.
- For those who want to take their sport climbing to the next level. Everything from mental training to efficient clipping positions will be covered in this informative clinic!
2/22/09: TBA. Timonium 11:00am to 1:00pm.
“The Road” is designed to give clients a strong physical-training edge to their climbing. This is a “no-joke” course that is physically demanding regardless of any participants’ level of fitness. It is intended to become a part of a climber’s regular routine of fitness training throughout the year. Previous participants have commented that “The Road” is directly responsible for their climbing improving by two grades! This 28 session training course starts on February 16th at 7:00 pm in Columbia and Rockville and only has a limited number of “seats”.
[ Click here for Course Details ]
The Annual Earth Treks Member Holiday Party is just around the corner…
When: Saturday, December 6th, 2008
Where: Earth Treks Columbia
Who: Any and all annual Earth Treks members and their significant others. This is a member’s only event.
What (aka event timeline):
- 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm: Climber’s Olympics. If you have not participated in this event before, ask around ‘cuz it is FUN! Bring your harness (and consider bringing elbow-pads, a life vest, and dramamine)!
- 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm: Bring a dish for the Pot Luck Dinner. Earth Treks is providing BBQ and beverages; you know “beverages”, wink, wink.
- 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm: The Great Climbing Trivia Olympics. A mentally and physically challenging participatory event complete with a ton of wacky prizes. The game show will not only challenge your knowledge of climbing history, trivia and current events, but will challenge your physical prowess as well!
We hope to see you all there!
Hours Note: Timonium and Rockville will maintain regular hours (9:00 am to 8:00 pm) that day while Columbia will close early at 4:00 pm.
New Course: Advanced Movement. 12/17/08 in Columbia only. Limited space available.
6:30pm to 9:30pm. Call to register today. [ More Details ]
[ update ] The first class in November was a hit with participants, they gave back so much positive feed back it was amazing.
Join us for our annual Ice Nite . Earth Treks 11th annual Ice Nite is coming soon. Oh, and it is FREE. [ Details ]
- Columbia: December 8, 2008 from 7 to 9 pm
- Timonium: December 9, 2008 from 7 to 9 pm
- Rockville: December 10, 2008 from 7 to 9 pm