We are pleased to announce a new partnership with Thrive Yoga of Rockville, MD! Our new resident yogis have developed a fantastic program of Yoga for Climbers with the goal of building strength, getting limber and staying healthy.
FREE Member’s Only Yoga will be offered weekly starting August 11th. Two 45 minute sessions will be offered each scheduled evening starting at 7:00pm and 8:00pm. Dates scheduled so far are August 11, 18, 25 and September 1st. Space is limited so be sure to call the gym ahead of time or arrive early to reserve your spot.
In addition to the Free Member Clinics, our members will be able to purchase additional yoga classes at the Thrive studio with a 20% discount. All you need to do is show your Earth Treks scan tag and you receive 20% OFF ANY Thrive class or class series! (discount NOT valid on any $49 monthly series).View photos of Thrive’s beautiful studio at their website here.
This is a wonderful partnership that both our members and community will greatly benefit from!
A few key details about the Member’s Yoga Clinics in Rockville:
- Yoga is free and for members only.
- Space is limited to 25 members per session.
- You have to sign up for yoga to be guaranteed a spot and can only do so on the day of. You can get yourself on the roster either in person or via phone by calling Earth Treks Rockville.
- If you sign up over the phone you must check in for yoga at the front desk so we know you’ve arrived. If you do not check in a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the start of the session, your spot will be released.
- If all 25 spaces are filled, you may add your name to the wait-list. Spots that were reserved over the phone and were not checked in, will be released to folks on the wait-list.
About the Instructors: Dave Bowen, co-owner of Thrive is an ISHTA yoga instructor will focus on yoga postures, breathing techniques and concentration/meditation tools that will help climbers gain more focus, flexibility and strength.
Susan Bowen, co-owner of Thrive is also an ISHTA yoga instructor and offers classes that are challenging and inspire students to explore the practice of unifying the breath, mind and body to a place of comfort. Susan was first introduced to yoga 20 years ago while in college and has studied and practiced yoga all over the United States.