Yoga – Rockville
Earth Treks Rockville has partnered with Thrive Yoga! Thrive Yoga has developed a fantastic program of Yoga for Climbers with the goal of building strength, getting limber and staying healthy.
FREE Members’ Only Yoga will be offered every Tuesday and Wednesday evening at 7:30pm.
Earth Treks members can also take advantage of an exclusive 20% discount at Thrive Yoga. All you need to do is show your Earth Treks scan tag and you’ll receive 20% OFF ANY Thrive Yoga class or series! (Discount NOT valid on any $49 monthly series).
A few details about Members’ Yoga in Rockville:
- Yoga is free and for members only.
- Space is limited to 35 members per session.
- You have to sign up for yoga to be guaranteed a spot and can only do so on the day of. You can get yourself on the roster either in person or via phone by calling Earth Treks Rockville.
- If you sign up over the phone you must check in for yoga at the front desk so we know you’ve arrived. If you do not check in a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the start of the session, your spot will be released.
- If all 35 spaces are filled, you may add your name to the wait-list. Spots that were reserved over the phone and were not checked in, will be released to folks on the wait-list.
About the Instructors:
Sarah Nunes: Sarah started practicing yoga when chronic back pain led her to search for pain relief through increased strength and flexibility. Shortly after moving to DC, she came to see yoga as more than just exercise and has become increasingly interested in asana, pranayama and meditation as tools for achieving a more balanced and graceful life. Sarah strives to demonstrate how yogic principals can be incorporated into everyday life and how the yoga mat provides a safe space for learning, growth and experimentation. She demonstrates to students how finding the humor and grace in challenging poses can lead to finding increased balance and awareness in everyday life.
Danielle Conger: A certified yoga teacher and firm believer in the transformative power of meditation and breathing techniques, has been practicing meditation and yoga for more than 10 years and rock climbing for over 20. She embraces yoga asana as an expression of power and meditation through movement. In addition, she is a certified Reiki 2 practitioner, bringing a powerful source of healing energy into her yoga teaching and practice. Danielle’s compassion shines through in her approach to teaching yoga as a holistic practice of health and well-being, and she strives to make every class fun and enjoyable while planting seeds for a lifetime of health and wellness.