Earth Treks is proud to offer climbing programs for Girl and Boy Scouts of all ages. We feel strongly that the inherent life lessons learned through climbing are well aligned with the missions of both the Girl Scouts of the USA and the Boy Scouts of America. Troops can choose from either a two session indoor program or a one-day outdoor course. Both the indoor and outdoor curriculum cover all BSA requirements for the Boy Scout Climbing Merit Badge (except first aid components). The same indoor or outdoor format is also well suited to the climbing components of the Girl Scout Adventure Sports and High Adventure Badge and other Girl Scout programs.
Troops with younger kids or a mix of ages, or troops that are more interested in a non-instructional fun climbing experience should consider a Private Climbing Party.
Spring 2014 Scout Appreciation Night:
Scouts and their friends and family are invited to come on out and climb at Earth Treks. Cost is $15 per climber. Advance registration with payment is required. Please note that registration will be closed by 4pm on the Thursday prior to each Scout Night, and no day of registrations will be accepted.
- Columbia: Saturday, April 5th from 6:30-9pm
- Timonium: Saturday, April 12th from 6:30-9pm
- Rockville: Saturday, April 26th from 6:30-9pm
- Outdoor Scout Climbing Program:
- One Day Program (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) - $360 per group of four
- Indoor Scout Climbing Program:
- Session 1: Introduction to Indoor Climbing (3 Hour Course) - $175 per group of six
- Session 2: Rappelling and Climbing Session (3 Hour Course) - $210 per group of six
To schedule your private program for any location, call our Private Program Department at 410-872-0060 (option 3) during regular office hours (9am-4:30pm) or inquire online.
For all private programs, it is recommended that you call at least 4-6 weeks in advance
to adequately plan your event. Peak seasons often require further notice. Advance booking with deposit is required.