Climbing Team Resources
Below is a compilation of frequently referenced material. Please contact Team Manager, Janet Hirsch online if you need further assistance.
Parent Handbook and Team Code of Conduct
USA Climbing http://usaclimbing.net is the national governing body of competition climbing in the United States.
SCS Comp Dates
*Indicates competitions our coaches will attend:
- 3/23/14 - The Rock Club (New Rochelle, NY)
- 3/29/14 - New Jersey Rock Gym (Fairfield, NJ)
- *4/5/14 - Go Vertical (Philadelphia, Pa)
- 4/12/14 - Virginia Beach Rock Gym (Virginia Beach, Va)
- 4/12/14 - Gravity Vault (Upper Saddle River, NJ)
- *4/19/14 - Philadelphia Rock Gym (Valley) - historically a flash format local
- *4/26/14 - Delaware Rock Gym
- 4/26/14 - Triangle Rock Club (Morrisville, NC)
- *5/10/14 - REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Earth Treks Rockville
- *6/14/14-6/15/14 - DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Central Rock, Watertown, MA
- *7/10/14-7/13/14 - NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Stone Summit, Atlanta, GA
Protecting Team Members
- Earth Treks is committed to providing a safe and positive environment for it’s team members.
- Earth Treks feels strongly that education and awareness of child abuse is the key to prevention. The need for education extends to coaches, parents, and kids. We encourage all our team families to explore online resources focused on abuse prevention and awareness. Safe4Athletes and Darkness to Light are two recommended resources.
- Our commitment to protecting youth is expressed in our Coach’s and Team Code of Conduct.
- If at any time a parent, coach, or team member has a concern about the well being of a team member, we encourage them to reach out to the Youth Protection Committee. This web form allows direct and anonymous communication to Earth Treks’ non coaching management including the owner, Chris Warner, Chris Jenkins, Scot Heidtman, and Katrina Papavasiliou.